This section is an overview of our service capabilities and our agency’s background to provide the information you need to determine if our VNA is the proper fit for your patient or client.
Greater Worcester area and surrounding communities, all of Southern Worcester County and Northeastern Connecticut.
Our certified VNA serves the elderly and adults with acute and chronic medical needs; people who have been injured or disabled and children with short-term acute medical needs.
Licensed and certified:
Massachusetts and Connecticut
Webster MA Headquarters
P.O. Box 368
534 School St
Webster, MA 01570
Tel: (508) 943-0612
Worcester area location
Auburn Visiting Nurses d/b/a
191 Pakachoag St
Auburn, MA 01501
Tel: (508) 791-0081
Northeastern Connecticut Office
148 Old Turnpike Road
Quinebaug, CT 06262
Tel: (860) 935-5267
Call: 508-943-0612 or 800-336-7639
Hours of Operation and Service:
Licensed and Certified:
Our VNA provides in-home health services 7:00am-11:00pm, 7 days a week.
Nurse on call for active patients 24hrs/day
Special private pay arrangements may be made for a minimum of one hour of private duty care to 24/7 around-the-clock care
The office is open from 7:00am-5:00pm M-F / 7:00am-3:00pm Sat, Sun & Holidays
A nurse is on call 24 hours a day for active patients.
Capacity to provide language translation for clients.
Maximum number of days between receipt of referral and date of service.
Regulation requires two (2) business days from date of referral, but our VNA usually arranges care within 24 hours.
Number of employees: Over 100 employees
Office staff: intake coordinators, schedulers, finance, discharge planners, medical assistants
Direct care: case managers, skilled nursing, therapists, medical social worker, certified home health aides, certified nursing assistants, social workers, homemakers & companions
Supervisory: Supervisor available in the office to all staff 7 days per week.
Key employment, personnel and training information:
- All services are provided directly by VNASWC
- Orientation process is one year with a clinical mentor and includes a multi-disciplinary approach tailored to the applicant’s need based on experience and skills.
- Comprehensive training for documentation in electronic health records including OASIS-C and required clinical forms.
- Ongoing professional development, Program development to facilitate clinical competencies and promote acquisition of new skills, CEUs
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Mentor programs with area colleges
Employee screenings include:
- Verification of all federal employment requirements, including social security numbers
- Review of criminal records registry
- Review of Certified Nurses Aide Registry Board
- Verification of educational and employment records
- Verification of current driver’s license
VNA has policies and procedures in place for:
- Affirmative Action
- Client Privacy and Confidentiality
- CORI: Criminal Offender Record Information
Infection Control Plan
- Uniform Financial Reporting
- ADA, HIPPA, OSHA compliance