VNA of Southern Worcester County is dedicated to providing ongoing professional development to maintain the highest quality standards and expertise in clinical areas.
We offer our nurses, therapists and home health aides:
- Continuing education reimbursement
- In-house, in-service programs that often include continuing education units (CEUs)
- Opportunities to attend workshops and seminars related to gaining expertise in clinical areas
- Program development to facilitate clinical competencies and promote acquisition of new skills
- Certification for various programs for chronic illnesses and disease states such as Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Diabetes, Alzheimers, etc.
Orientation, Mentoring and Ongoing Support
Our care teams are led by supervisors staffed 7 days a week, always on duty to help solve problems and to proactively manage change in care plans. VNA’s orientation process is one full year with a clinical mentor and includes a multi-disciplinary approach, which is specifically tailored to each applicant’s need, based on experience and skills.
When you join our team, there are constant opportunities to improve skills for career advancement such as:
- Comprehensive training for documentation in electronic health records, including OASIS-C and required clinical forms.
- Student nurse mentor programs with area colleges
- Scholarships for nurses